question from the post: Yep, I let my son watch all kinds of movies, including scary ones & ones with nudity.

The OP didn't really ask a question but I read through some of the responses and they agreed. So I have a question: If you allow your children to watch movies that are scary or with nudity, do you walk around your child naked? Someone mentioned that thier child needed to know what a man and woman look like, but you are woman and sometimes with a male in the house. I personally wouldn't like my children seeing nudity at ages 3 and 7 months and because of that they don't watch movies like that and we wear clothes around them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• We really don't let them watch movies with tons of nudity... No porn or anything, but I don't see anything wrong with nudity in general. And yes, my kids see me naked on a regular basis... Hell, I don't remember the last time I took a shower with out someone coming in to pee or the last time I was on the potty myself without someone coming in for SOME reason... Plus, the kids are usually in my room when I'm changing. It's not like nudity has to equal sex - two different things!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My daughter ( 3 years) has watched somewhat scary movies and has caught glimpses of nudity ....but I dont like set her in front of tv and just turn it on lol.... I wont do that until they are much older...

but her and my 1 y.o son has seen me naked a few times ( when they are in the room with me while I am getting dressed, and my daughter has walked in on me while I was getting into the shower many times) ...... it was the same way in my house growing up... it hasn't damaged me in anyway...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I don't really censor what my kids watch(5, 8) but no I don't walk around naked.. Some of the most sheltered kids are the ones to go wild when helicopter Mommy is not around!  I don't even get your correlation..Movies never show full nudity maybe some breasts or a behind and they can see that at the beach!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I think nudity is awesome! How will kids ever learn to be comfortable with their bodies if they never see anyone else's? To let your kids see you being comfortable will let them be the same way. Really? Your kids is seven months. You really think he or she even knows what their seeing?
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 8:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Oh and I'd rather my kid see me naked than some girl on TV that looks nothing like an average woman.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 8:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• those parents are wack jobs.
    Anonymous

• my kids see me naked all the time, they see each other naked at bath time they are 6 and 2 but they have never really seen any other nudity and i dont know that i will let them, if it happened and they were there then so be it but i wouldnt just let them watch something that i know has nudity in it
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• We don't watch those movies, but nudity at home is not a big deal. If my kids (11, 6, and 5) walk in the bathroom and I am in the tub or something, I don't fret over it.
    Anonymous

• My kids see me naked all the time too. Its not a big deal.
    Anonymous

• The problem for me isn't the nudity so much as the fact that when movies have nudity, they are also very sexual. Young children don't need to see that. My kids do still occasionally see me naked, but they're getting to the age (8 and 5) where its inappropriate. Seeing their mother naked isn't teaching them anything.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010