Would this make me a total bitch?

I've watched these two kids-2 and 3- for three days now. They've cried non stop. I figured, at first it was because I was new and they didn't know me, of course. Well, they still cry. For no reason. I don't let my own kid do that and I wouldn't let anyone else's do it in my house. Would it be so wrong of me to tell the mom I can't watch them anymore? I know she has another sitter for the weekdays I'm in school. I think she only wanted me because I'm cheaper (I'm only getting paid twenty a day!). I feel bad because I had a sitter cancel on me after one day this year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have been there, my son was the crier and although it was a struggle to find a new sitter on the fly, I appreciated the lady caring about my sons wellbeing

2nd option: have a conference/meeting w/ the mom and try and figure out what's causing it and how to fix it. more loveys/toys from home coming to your place, a favorite sippy cup, mom sticking around a little longer, going outside and waving bye bye, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• aww have you try playing with them or taking them out side? find somthing fun to do so they could like you. they miss there mommy. i think if you havent try to make them like you! then i guess go ahead. but try first. good luck
    Anonymous

• consider a trip to the dollar store and wrapping up a gift or 2 each to surprise them with the next morning they come over. think fresh new crayons, a bucket/shovel for the sandbox, a cool cup for milk, etc etc. make them feel extra special/wanted and give them something constructive and distracting to do (opening gift) and something new, fun, exciting to do later (using the item)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:20 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Would it be so wrong of me to tell the mom I can't watch them anymore?

NO! It is not wrong of you to tell the Mom "sorry, this just isn't working out". If it would make you feel better, tell the Mom that your "doing the best you can to make them happy, but nothing seems to work." If she still wants you to keep them, give it a short trial period extension (one more week ONLY if you can handle it) After that, if they are still too much to deal with, drop em like a hot potato!!

I've been baby sitting for years and will no longer trade my sanity for $20 a day. I will only keep kids that mesh well w/ my family.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I have done every thing with them. They've been outside for hours. They'll stop crying for awhile then start again. I think it has something to do with my son. He wasn't here yesterday and they were OK. He's here and now they act up. My son is more important to me than these kids. -OP
    Anonymous

• Tell her the truth....they cry all day long, and I can't handle it! lol
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My son is more important to me than these kids.

I totally agree with you.... your son comes first. Please don't feel bad about not keeping them anymore.  It is in everyone's best interest (including the kids, because maybe the Mom can find a situation that better suits thier personality. Or perhaps she won't, but that isn't YOUR problem to deal with! And do NOT think that makes you a B&tch!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• no... not your child not your problem.. concentrate on your school
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• no it wouldnt make you a bitch and the mom would probably feel better placing her kids somewhere where they werent constantly crying either!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I watched a friends kids for about a week - it was all I could take of the little demons (who she claims are absolute angels).

it was affecting me, my attitude, happiness, my kids happiness and pretty much everything.

I had to tell her that I couldn't do it, she had to find someone else - it was just draining all the happiness out of my house.

no matter how much money it brought in it wasn't worth it to go through the misery. I'd tell the mom.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010