what's the WORST thing your child ever did in public?

and yes, there is a hidden motive here. I am trying to make myself feel less like a freak after my daughter bolted from me at a public park... and her pediatric dentist was their w/ his kids and so it was EXTRA mortifying... and then when another Mom organized a "search party for the girl in the pink crocs" I wanted to hide in the tube slide and disappear.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 8:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LMAO those are too funny!! My oldest and I were out running errands. I just so happen to be standing behind a cop (all suited up ya know)... My son yells "Hey!! Hey!!" He turns around and what does my darling baby say "Want a donut pig?"

Embarrasement does not describe how I felt. By the way Our town is small. I see this cop around town ALL the time now. At the time my son was 4. I know where he got it. DH! I told him about it and he laughed so hard he cried.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• threw himself in the floor and cry like if somone was beating the hell out of him.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I was asleep and my daughter woke up before I did in the morning and ran outside. We have a lot of sex offenders around my nieghborhood and I was terrified when someone brought her back to me. I only jsut woke up when the lady knocked on my WIDE OPEN DOOR and I was in pjs!!!
    SCARY and EMBARASSING!
    Anonymous

• I may have you guys beat. Mine slapped me in the face at the grocery store while I was in the checkout line with about 3 people behind me and the cashier right in front of me. I was so embarrassed. I made her sit in the basket instead of letting her walk with me because she would not stop pulling things off of the shelf.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• well the WORST thing...and talk about wanting to die.....my daughter threw herself on the ground and started screaming as loud as she could and was turning red and then said the F word...dunno where she learned it but yea....nice right?! any suggestions on how to get my lil repeat the parrot to stop sayin that word id love the advice! NO BASHING im in no mood! so dont pick on a preg woman!!!!
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My daughter had just spent the weekend with her dad.....and when she comes back to me we went grocery shopping and out of no where she stands up in the little seat (it was one of the carts with the two seats on the front) and farts loudly..and if that wasn't bad enough she starts giggling and yells at the top of her lungs "I FARTED!!" and continues to giggle...everyone in the isle is looking at us...some older woman had her mouth hanging open and this shocked look on her face...talk about wanting to hide...she was about 3 at the time...
    Anonymous

• "I HAVE BIG BOY UNDERWEAR!!" And drops his pants in the middle of the hardware store
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Her father she never sees, he was staring at her in the grocery store and she tuned around and gave him the finger!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:17 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ROFL at MOST of these! LOL! I don't think kids smacking their parents is very funny, buuuuut...
    The farting one was hilarious! and the big boy underwear! and even the finger was kinda' funny!
    Ok, I better stop laughing before my 7-mont-old grows up and embarrasses me....
    Actually, yesterday we were at a baptism ceremony and the lady who was about to be baptized was holding him and he puked all over her. Good thing she was bout to get dunked! That wasn't too embarrassing... I figure everyone who holds a baby better be prepared for that kind of thing!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Oooohhh my gosh, mamas... thank y'all for the laughs! Those are great!!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2010