Prenatal vitamins?

Okay, I've been taking them for a month now, but I stay sick alot. Saturday, I didn't get anything to eat in time to take it, and by last night, I felt like me again. Even today, I haven't had one either, and I still feel fine. My question: Is there something else I can take that doesn't make me feel sick 24/7? I mean, I know my child's health is important, but I can't work if I feel nauseous everytime I raise up my head....

Mrs_Kelley09

Asked by Mrs_Kelley09 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my vitamins made me SO sick too. i know how you feel. i talked to my DR about it, and this is what she told me - instead of taking them first thing in the morning, take them before you go to bed so that you will be sick while sleeping and not even know. worked out great for me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My ob said two gummie or two chewable childrens vitamins are a good replacement for prenatals. Try it! Other than that, I know what you mean by them making you sick...mine did the same thing.
    You can also take nutritional drinks...that's what I did with my twin boys.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:30 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I actually had a problem swallowing pills, so my doc told me that it was okay to take chewable vitamins as long as I didn't become anemic. I take the gummy ones, and it's awesome! If you want to skip supplements all around, ask your doc about a specific diet that ensures you get all the vitamins you need from food alone.
    Anonymous

• i never noticed a difference in my nausea if i took my vit or not but a coworker said if she took hers in the morning she was sick all day, if she took it in the evening, she was fine. gl!
    Anonymous

• Okay! Thanks everyone! I can't select the best answer cuz you are all great! Thank you all so very much! I'll try the evening thing first and if it doesn't help, then I'll talk to my doctor about kids vitamins and stuff! Also, I was wandering how sugar effect's it. I love my soda products (okay, just Dr. Pepper) and I quit them yesterday too! I'm scared to try either one (the vitamin or the soda) cuz I don't wanna get sick anymore. Also, smoking bother's it too, but I've really cut back on them. I should quit completely by the end of this month, beginning of next! Again, thanks everyone!!! (:
    Mrs_Kelley09

Answer by Mrs_Kelley09 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I have always gotten really sick when taking prenatals until this pregnancy. My doctor prescribed me Neevo and I don't get sick while taking them. They don't have iron or iodine in them which I think helps a lot. I am allergic to iodine.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I take the gummies. The prenatals make me feel like I swallowed a rock no matter what time I take them or with what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2010