what pain killers you use when on your period?

what you use to control the cramps. i have tried so many different pill and they seem to last not as long as i would like, Sometimes they dont work at all, i get back pain and foot pain & headache all combined with cramps. please help me! i feel like crippled frog.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Health

• have you tried eating clean, cut dairy, at least during the bad times, cut the junk and processed foods, exercise regularly? are you drinking 2liters of water a day?
    you could try a chiropractor too.
    good luck to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i start taking ibuprofen alternating with tylenol on the alternate 2 hour interval a day b4 I know I'm gonna start and take that for a good 3 days. I have tried the menstral type pills but thhey make me so sllepy and that is not always an option. I may want to sleep that time away however, life needs to go on...So sorry you're feeling so crampy...It should be over soon...also, talk to your Dr that you are having such serious pain.
    on a sidenote...Have you have a tubal ligation? because I know that this procedure gives you PTLS and makes cramps and bleeding much worse.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 8:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• No i dont have my tubes tied. im only 19 and for the past months they are coming bad, thanks though =)
    Anonymous

• Orgasms are great for making the cramps calm down. I know it sounds gross but it works. I use Motrin or Anaprox but if the cramps get bad I give myself an orgasm. It redistributes the blood. Not sure I can explain it well but you can google it and read about it.
    Anonymous

• vicodens
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 8:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I take advil. I have also found that caffeine seems to help, but I'm not sure if it is my imagination.
    Anonymous

• I get vicodin from my doctor.
    Anonymous

• Ibuprofen. Before I had DS I had cramps so bad sometimes I would throw up. I LIVED on ibuprofen during my periods, and that's coming from a girl who's into natural remedies for everything else! I also did warm baths, hot water bottles, warm foot baths....But since he was born, It's been better. I didn't take anything the last time. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• ...Oh, and when I did take Ibuprofen, I had to take it in the morning before I got cramps. If I waited until the cramps came, it was too late and I had to suffer for awhile before it kicked in, if ever.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2010