what do you do when you feel like giving up???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i feel like screaming right now my daughter is being a brat from hell im married but im a single mother he doesnt do shit
    Anonymous

• Depends on what's causing you to feel this way.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• well unfortunetly bein a mom especially a single mom you dont have the choice to give up....jus take a time out
    momOF2Girls0710

Answer by momOF2Girls0710 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• send her to her room, and you go to yours and shut the door, whatever else happens is for her dad to figure out!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Sometimes you just have to stop and breathe. If you can, call someone you trust to just listen to you vent. Not to judge or offer advice just to let you complain about how unfair life is. When my husband left me with three children and a new house payment, I learned the wonderful world of scheduling my pitty parties. Every saturday between 1 and 2 pm I had a pitty party of one. I would lock myself in my room and cry about how life was unfair. That way during the week if I found myself getting down I could put it off till my scheduled appointment. Sometimes in the beginning you might need something more frequent. But its okay to take the "time to mourn"
    CKasting

Answer by CKasting at 8:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• pray to god to give you more patience, and to keep you thinking positive.
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• breath!!! Sometimes the best thing to do is get out of the house. If Mr Jack Shit is not on board, grab your daughter, tell her together you are going to make the rest of the day great & go out. If she is little, chuck her in the pram & power walk til you feel calm, go buy an icecream, find something to laugh at WITH your daughter. If she's older go to a movie, go feed the ducks, grab some books & sit in the park & read them with her. Even when they are being absolute brats sometimes you need to offer them the way out of it for your own sake. It is really easy to get bogged down in the parenting warfare, & never take time to laugh & be silly with your kids. And then Good time Dad comes in, all cuddly & fun & the kid thinks he's the great one!!!
    Try to get some time for yourself, if that means a babysitter, or daycare do it for a couple of hours to get your head straight.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I eat a pint of coffee ice cream and dare anyone to cross me. Then, I get over myself and decide to not give up after all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Pray. One of my favorite phrases~ "Let go... Let God"
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I do that, I give up for a couple of hours. Luckily Leila is still small enough to put in her playpen and leave with Daddy for a while till I cool down and compose myself.
    Craziirabbit

Answer by Craziirabbit at 10:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010