How to treat acne during pregnancy?

what was the best thing you used that helped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Before I got pregnant, I've always depended on baby powder! (Weird, I know) But it helps. It drys my skin slightly, but it softens it and keeps it so clean! I still use it. Now, since I've become pregnant, I see one or two here and there, but it is way less than what it was when I started using the powder! I hope this helps!
    Mrs_Kelley09

Answer by Mrs_Kelley09 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• There's really not much you can do. Some of us break out like teenagers, and some have their skin clear up and "glow". It's hormonal, so there's nothing you can do to change it. Just keep your skin clean with a gentle cleanser (like Cetaphil), and don't do anything to aggravate it more (like picking at it or touching your face more).
    Anonymous

• My dermatologist said sometimes the best thing for it is just some warm water and antibacterial soap. She said if/when I use a moisturizer to use one that isn't too oily. So far so good since I can't take my doxy.
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 9:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• i use a product called clenziderm wether im pregnant or not. got the okay from my DR. i can tell you how to get it if u want
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• There isn't much you can do for acne during pregnancy. Neutrogena foaming face wash ( it's in a blue bottle) is a great and mild cleanser to use, and Aveeno facial moisturizers are very light and non greasy. I'm pregnant too and work for a dermatologist, so when I was breaking out during the first few weeks I asked what to use and the products I mentioned above were recommended. However everyone's skin is different. Good Luck!
    chrissyclavin27

Answer by chrissyclavin27 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• the only cure I found was to have my baby. It took about 6 weeks AFTER I had her for it to clear up. Nothing really works. I broke out like a 13 year old boy. It was insane.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:31 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The only thing that works for me in benzyl peroxide.. Clean and clear carries face wash with it. I saw results in a couple weeks (you break out worse before your skin totally clears up.. so if it happens it's normal- the wash is getting the deep pore oil to the surface
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• A few products I've used that are safe during pregnancy-
    Burt's Bees
    Ren
    Juice Beauty
    Murad
    Caudalie
    The last ones are at Sephora, and may cost more, but work really well (particularly Ren). Juice Beauty I recently saw at Whole Foods, as well.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010