To all you who have a really clean home :-)

How many hours a day do you actively clean it?
I'm not talking doing dishes, tidying up or doing laundry - I mean acctual cleaning.

I ask because I don't clean as much as I possibly should + could. I tend to tell myself I don't have the time to finish it all, and thereby giving myself a mental block...and only clean emergency areas (toilet, kitchen counter, tables and such)

I would, however, LOVE to have one of those homes, where it is always clean no matter when you drop by. ( There might be a dish or 2 out, a pile of folded laundry waiting to be put away, but you can tell the dusting gets done often, windows are clean, kitchen cabinet doors are ungrimy - it's a clean house!)

So I thought; maybe it doesn't take as long as I think, maybe if I do 2-3 hours of cleaning (rotating rooms/chores) each day, I could have that home.

Please tell me I'm right, you Cleaning Guru's out there !
How many hours do you spend?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 9:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you check out www.flylady.net, you'll notice that they break the house down into zones and tackle a zone every week along with the daily checklist. Those zones make it so that at least once a month pretty much everything gets a good going-over.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• AS SOON AS SOMETHING GETS MESSY IT GETS CLEANED, AS SOON AS I SEE DUST -I START DUSTING,LANDRY IS PILING UP I WASH IT,DISHES ARE PILING UP I WAS THEM,EVERYDAY I WASH CLOTHES,VACUUM AND DO DISHES, I ALSO WIPE DOWN ALL COUNTER TOPS , AND PUT EVERYTHING WHERE IT GOES BEFORE WE GOT TO BED(DD CLEANS HER ROOM BEFORE BED TIME EVERY NIGHT)....SO EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP MY HOME IS CLEAN ....I BUY THIS, AND LIGHT CANDLE'S  WHEN GUEST COME OVER!

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Some only spend as much time as it takes to call the cleaning service to come do it.
    Anonymous

• i want to hear some answers on this one. I want to know that as well. Sometimes I think it is impossable with kids to have a clean house + a DH to clean up after. Before I had kids our first apartment. I remember my sister telling asking me how I keep my house so clean she said I never had dirty laundry laying around I never had a dirty dish in the sink no matter when you dropped by. I would work 12 hours a day 3-4 days a week and I would have a really clean house, but then I remind myself oh ya I didn't have kids lol. Now I cannot keep my house clean nomatter how much I try too.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I wanna hear the answers too....

I have thought about posting this very question. I clean...I feel like I clean all day long. But it never is up to my standards and it drives me crazy.

My house is clean as far as dirt...I clean toilets and sinks etc all the time. But there is just kid junk everywhere no matter what I do.

But I try to make myself feel better by reminding myself that my precious kids make these messes and OH HOW SAD I would be if they werent there to make them....LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I clean for an hour a day. Just keep up on it daily and you will have a clean house.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• LOL...love how u r yelling @ me in caps, elizabethsmo902 :-D ...but I already have the things down u r talking off. I vacuum daily, wipe counters + tables throughout the day, tidy up house (constantly, it seams), do dishes, make kids pick up their room @ nite and do my evening routine, so home is ready and tidyed up for the morning.

That is not my concern.
    What I mean is all the things like; wipe down (or, in my case, wash down) chair rails, clean banisters, wash windows + sils, clean phones, wash off doors, clean top of refrigerator, shower doors+walls... Stuff like that....extra stuff.

Do you guys include stuff like that in a daily routine....not that it gets done every dag, but that each day you schedule something like that, so that in a weeks time ( or even 2) your whole house gets a good going-over?

I just wanna know if it's possible...w/o a maid service, anon. 9:20 ;-), to get it all into ONE schedule...?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:45 PM on Apr. 25, 2010