Over 50lb car seats?

Right now I have my 4 year old and 6 year old in Evenflo car seats that go up to 50 pounds. I will graduate my 4y0 into a high back booster when he reaches the weight limit, but my 6yo is special needs and she can't sit in a booster seat. She needs a 5 point harness.

What seats go over 50 pounds? Money is an issue for me (single mom of 3) but I may be able to get help to buy her a new seat when she reaches the 50 lb weight limit of our current seats.

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 9:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Check into the Britax Regent and the Sunshine Kids Radian80, both harness up to 80lbs. but they are not cheap. Check out kyledavidmiller.org
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• and BTW, I have googled special needs car seats. There are many of them, but at around $600, they are WAY out of my price range!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The Graco Nautilus will harness up to 65 pounds.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The Graco Nautilus looks like a nice seat! I wish I had bought that one instead of the evenflo ones. They were roughly the same price but they don't convert to booster seats.

Any others?
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:33 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• The Graco Nautilus DOES convert into a high back booster and then a regular booster seat.

Anonymous

• http://www.car-safety.org/basics.html

Towards the bottom there's a list of car seats and specs. The Britax Frontier and Regent and the Sunshine Kids Radian all harness to 80 lbs, and they cost $270-280. If you've got a while before you have to get one, though, you can keep an eye out for sales.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:49 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• "The Graco Nautilus DOES convert into a high back booster" sprry.... I meant my evenflo don't covert. I paid $140 each for them. I wish I had gotten a Nautilus instead!! I would have gottne more for my money.

and Sarah.... Thank you so much for the kyledavidmiller link!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:52 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Your welcome!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010