Allergies

I was wondering if anyones 2 year olds are getting really bad allergies this year? Mine is and I have been giving her childrens claritin during the day and for the past few nights about a tsp of childrens benadryl just to help dry it up more and to help her sleep. Just curious if you think that is bad to give them both. They arent the same medicines and sometimes the claritin just doesnt seem to work as well by night time. What do you all give your kids?? I feel a little guilty giving her two meds. but they cant take anything else like cold stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• cmon NO answers???
    Anonymous

• You need to run it past a pharmacist for sure, if not your child's doc also. The claritin may not be the right med. I alternate claritin & zyrtec - a couple weeks on one, then a couple weeks on the other, and so on. Neither one works entirely for me either - my pharmacist told me a certain med to take once a day, on the opposite 12-hour mark, with claritin (if I take claritin at 8am, I take the other at 8pm) - and it really helps. But really - a pharmacist is the best person to ask if it's okay or not - if nothing else, they can tell you what would work better along with the claritin. If she's been taking claritin for a while, you can also try switching to zyrtec. But I personally wouldn't use benadryl along with either one, or even alone, unless specified by our doc - it's not a good medicine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2010