PLEASE help me!!!

Today my 7 year old nephew was over our house playing with my 4 year old son. We were in the other room... but when we went in the bedroom they jumped out of the closet. We could tell something was wrong. Come to find out... the 7 year old had been toucing my son and making him touch his privates as well! What do I do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow. Clearly you need to have a talk with the parents and let them know what was going on. Also have a talk with your son and try to explain to him in the best way that you can to a 4 year old that this is wrong (not for him because he doesn't know any better, but the situation in general). Also I would no longer have your nephew around your son unsupervised anymore, but that goes without saying.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I would agree with pp. But take into account that your nephew may be having some sexual abuse done to him, otherwise he wouldn't know what he is doing... So I would confront both the boy AND the parents. And I would keep your nephew away from your son.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Have a talk with the parents firstly.
    I agree with the ctink post... Make sure to supervise more closely your son with anyone else, now that he's been faced with this.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• WOW, that 7 yr old need help, you need to find out why the hell he making another child touch him down there, and who the hell tought him that! BY any chance could there be anyone molesting him? most kids that start doing things that ADULTS should only be doing is because they are seeing it at home, OR because someone is doing it to them! i think you should talk with him and find out how he knows these things, for now have your child away from him. please dont yell at him just talk to him , i was molested for 8 yrs i know how hard life could be and how confusing it is trying to figuer out whats going on is normal or not! i was molested from 4 yrs old until i was 12, these child needd help.. and help should be giving now!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well his mom, my sister-in-law, was here. We were in the other room. She was there when we caught them. She had a talk with her son and I did with mine. I told him that I'm not mad because he didn't know better and didn't understand... but that it is wrong and not to let ANYONE do that. Is there anything else I should do?
    rylansmom0109

Answer by rylansmom0109 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• just keep an eye on them and have them play in a room where you can both see them.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2010