Considering becoming a Dental Hygienist...

I am looking for a different career, I am considering on going into the Dental Field. I am looking for information on someone who is going to school for dental hygienist, or someone who is a dental hygienist who can provide me with details on what to expect???

GMama821

Asked by GMama821 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• You know whats really in demand? Pharmacy Technician.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 1:50 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My sister is/was going for Dental Hygiene. It really depends on your area, but in our area it is hard to get into the schools. She finished all of her prerequisite classes this semester and had applied for the program. She just found out a few days ago that over 100 people applied to the program and they only chose 20. She was not one of them even though she made all A's in her classes. I would check into area programs and see how competitive they are.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:08 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We live in Michigan and there are no jobs in the field. There is also a waiting list to get into the school. My SIL works in the dental field.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 7:46 AM on Apr. 27, 2010

• I'm going to school to be a RDH and I'm in OH and currently at my school they are accepting for Fall 2011 and some students could even start this Fall. From what I understand it may be tough to find a job, but know one really knows what things will be like 2-3 years from now(that's when I will graduate)

GL =)
    BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 9:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2010