Nighttime Potty Training?

My 2 yr old son use the bathroom all day and at night i put a diaper on him.I want to know how can i get him to use the bathroom at night? Thank you

Siahsmama

Asked by Siahsmama at 10:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I actually kept using a diaper through the night. If they woke up and had to go, they went, but if they didn't wake up, they were protected. Once they were staying dry through the night for a while, we tried undies. If they started having multiple accidents, it was back to diapers for a while. 2 of my kids had to go back to diapers 1 time each, 2 never went back. I personally feel night time training isn't as big of a deal. Some parents will deal with accident after accident after accident, invest in "pee alarms", etc, but a few extra diapers worked perfectly fine for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree with the above approach. My first daughter day trained young, 19 months, and was soaked at both night and naptime, and so we kept her in a diaper for sleep. By about 2.5 I started wondering if there was something we should be doing differently because it just seemed like such a long time after day training with no change for her night pattern. So we got some advice to start waking her up and putting her on the potty. We finally tried it once she started ASKING to sleep in underwear. I think it was a mistake. We had to wake her twice for her to sometimes have a dry night, but other times she would still be wet.. and it had no effect. Just in the past few days (she's almost 3), she has a couple of dry mornings or has woken up to use the potty. Now, our second daughter, who's just 19 months now, is already dry 90% of the mornings! So to me, that just shows it's physiological differences and not a matter of "training.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2010