Do/Would you let your 13 year old wear eyeliner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Of course! I started wearing make up at about 12..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:04 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• eyeliner yes, drinking beer no. there's a fine line between what's acceptable and what's not, this isn't a fight i would want to pick.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I used to at that age and I turned out just fine. I'd hate to see the day, but I can't say that I would deny her that.
    Shlamoof

Answer by Shlamoof at 11:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Depends more on the child and her behavior than the age IMO.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:09 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• When my dd was that age (she's 16 now), I let her wear makeup. But, it had to be more along the "natural look", not really heavy, no really dark, thick lines, no caked on foundation, etc.

We talked about how makeup was meant to enhance her natural beauty, not be used as a sort of mask to hide behind. She started out wearing it in 6th grade (middle school) - with some powder, blush, tinted lipgloss / light lipstick, some eye shadow, etc. Then she gradually added eye liner and mascara. She also uses a little concealer sometimes if she's breaking out, but usually doesn't wear foundation. (her choice)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• of course. its make up. why the hell not?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I honestly think that there is something that happens when you start to wear eyeliner. It changes you. Most females, once they wear eyeliner, will not go back to not wearing it. It makes you feel/look older. It definitely does not make a young girl look pure. I would love for my daughter to remain pure as long as possible. Why rush it?
    Anonymous

• I think that's one of the few makeup pieces I would let my 13 year old wear. As long as it's simple and doesn't turn into the common trend of Racoon eye.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• Nope. No make up until she is a junior or senior in high school.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:44 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• My mom let me where whatever makeup that I wanted. I wore black eyeliner and blue lipstick every day, even to church on Sunday, LOL. By the time I was 14-15, I was over it, and now rarely wear eyeliner. She never forbade it, but had no problem telling me that I looked like a zombie (and I did). Its a hill that I won't die on. Its self-expression and rebellion in a very harmless form, IMO.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 11:58 PM on Apr. 25, 2010