How can i keep my sons skin from getting rashed?

My son has extreemly sensitive skin. His pediatrician has him on Derma-smooth. I have Aquaphor and a basket full of moisturizing lotions and skin creams. I give him oatmeal baths and I try to keep his saliva off of him as much as possible. He is teething bad so he is drulling. Plus hes starting to crawl and now is getting a rash on his knees from the carpet. The worst spot is on his face - the upper lip, cheeks, chin and neck. Its so dry and he is constantly rubbing his face on blankets, me, his bed, his hands...I feel so bad but I am trying everything I can think of. His pediatrician just tells me to keep on doing what I am doing..any one else have any advice?

maget2003

Asked by maget2003 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I changed my daugther's soap (pediatricians reccommandation) to Dove's sensative skin ... and I wash everything in the house with hypoallergenic "All"...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• to keep his knees from getting a rash you can keep him in footed pants, that way his legs stay covered. as for the products you use, it's just going to be trial and error to find something that works for him.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree, keep him in thick long pants like sweatpants to protect his knees. I highly recommend "Mustela Hydra-Stick, For Lips and Cheeks". You can buy it online or at Babiesrus. My Sons face was so sensitive and this is what I applied to his lips and cheeks after meals, naps & bedtime and it really worked! I also use "Curel body lotion original" liberally. It is the only lotion that soothed his skin all over including the face. All other lotions burned or gave more of a rash. Don't get the Curel in his mouth or eyes. Let him wear a bib all day to protect him from the spit of teething, just keep an eye on him with it and change it often. :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010