What can I do about a lazy husband?

We live in a very nice neighborhood and i'm embarrased by the way it looks. Our house is nice, but we have a vehicle that hasn't run in 3 yrs still sitting in the driveway plus my car, my husbands car and the "extra car".
So, that makes 4 cars in the driveway and only 2 are being used, not to mention my son's car in the front of the house. we have 2 shrubs that i hate and want to dig up. They are out of place and overgrown. We have an old waterheater in front of the garage .The backyard is WAY overgrown. Our neighbors yard is immaculate and beautifully landscaped. I feel like we are the junky house in the neighborhood. It's embarassing! Why does he let it get this way? Please, no husband bashing. I sincerly don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• hide the remote in the shrub and maybe he'll look there. :P
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:10 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• hire a landscaper/gardener? pay your sons and his friends to come over and remove the junk?
    Anonymous

• It comes down to, if you want something done, do it yourself.
    Pay your son to mow the grass. Or just make him do it, he should help out around the house too.
    If you dont like the shrubs, dig them up.
    Call someone that buys junk cars and get rid of the "extras"
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• lol on the advice to hide the remote! I might oughta try that. I don't know what to do about a lazy husband so I came here hoping to find some advice for myself.
    Anonymous

• My hubby can get lazy at times and I use what I call my secret weapon..........my brother in law. Whenever I get tired of hubby putting something off I'll say (in a calm voice)....."Oh that's ok, I'll just call "Steve" to do it." "Steve doesn't mind." There is nothing romantic going on with me & brother in law (AT ALL) but it really seems to push my DH's buttons. And magically the work starts getting done. Works like a charm : )
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 25, 2010