How do I get my 22 month old to stop chewing up everything?

I can't get her to say out of the dog food, and she chews up balls, crayons, toys, paper, clean sanitary napkins, plastic, cups, dog toys, everything Please help I have tryed moving things out of her reach but she will move anything to get this stuff.

Wynetta3

Asked by Wynetta3 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you cant lol....sorry I know that doesnt help, but around this age they're still discovering everything with all their senses. Only thing I can think of is giver her things that she can chew on. if she has a ball, make sure they're not the spongy kind. books should be the hard cardboard. if she wants to color, then let her, but supervise closely. As soon as she starts to chew on crayons, tell her its time to do another activity and take the crayons away. If you have a baby gate, keep it in front of the bathroom, or if she'll climb, get those doorknob covers and keep the bathroom closed up so she cant get in there. At this point its still redirection or prevention that helps keep her out of things. My son still chews on lots of stuff too. And sometimes I've noticed he just likes the attention from it. Like while remodeling, he thought it was hilarious to chew on dry wall! Hope this helps some momma! GL!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010