What does the mucus plug look like when u pass it and what happens afterward?

Iluvsmababies

Asked by Iluvsmababies at 11:23 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its brownish wih a little blood. It depends on your body. you could lose it and not go into labor for weeks or it could reform. I lost mine on my due date and went into labor 3hrs later is just depends on your body.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:27 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• It looks like a giant booger. No kidding, it's just a big blob of very thick mucus with some streaks of blood in it. It's not that big a deal, it generally means something is happening but it might be a few weeks or it might be 10 minutes until labor starts properly. I lost mine maybe 3 days before my son was born but I was already about a week late by that point.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:32 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I noticed a thick blob awhile after painful intercourse and have started having painful cramping??
    Iluvsmababies

Answer by Iluvsmababies at 11:39 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• like this... I was SO glad mine came out in parts so I didn't see this lol Brace yourself cause it is nasty!
    http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/eNkGv_lhEy8/0.jpg
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It almost always comes out gradually over time, its not just a one time thing. And it typically starts off as a yellowish color and eventually might get a "ribbon" of blood thru it. The way I describe it as looking like is that stuff that they use to attach flyers inside of magazines (the thick, yellow gooey thing)

You usually start to lose your plug when your cervix starts to dilate. Nothing new happens after you start to lose it except that you might want to wear a panty liner because it gets kinda nasty
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:00 PM on Apr. 26, 2010