This might be odd...

Okay, friday I got a really big scare! I hadn't made a bowl movement in day's before that and I know constipation is part of pregnancy. Anyways, friday I finally made one and when I wiped the tp was just soaked in blood! I immediately ran my hand right up front cuz it scared me so bad, but it was clean, nothing there. I called my mom and she said it sounded like a hemroid broke inside cuz it happened when she was pregnant with me, but I didn't feel anything...it hasn't happened since, but I want your advice on this. Has it ever happened to you? Do you agree with my mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hasn't happened to me personally, and as far as your mom goes she may be right. But to be sure, you should see your doctor.
    Callie140

Answer by Callie140 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• You might have torn your anus when pushing it out. It happens, and it isn't a big deal. If you had some bright red blood, I wouldn't worry, unless it starts happening a lot. If it's dark, or looks like coffee grounds, go to the ER. Hemorrhoids will be very painful, and yes, it's possible that's what it was. If you have a problem with hemorrhoids, you can try using Tucks pads or witch hazels pads and taking sitz baths.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Man with my son I got constipated really bad (thanks to a 22 hour road trip) I went potty finally and I had torn my rectum. Not bad but enough to soak tp with blood. I now have a permanent fissure which causes a slight burning pain when I have a BM. I don't think it was a hemorrhoid cause from what I hear those are PAINFUL! I never had them so personally I don't know.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes, yes, and yes. Yes - I think your mom is right. Yes it has happened to me (in this pregnancy and my last one). Ask your doctor for a prescription before it becomes worse!!!!! He can give you a suppository that will prevent it from worsening and heal it. Trust me - you want to take care of it NOW before it becomes extremely painful.... (like it did for me) I swear it can be really really really really AWFUL! You never know what it's connected to until it hurts.... you sit - it hurts, you lift your pinky - it hurts, you smile - it hurts......

Now is the time to also start intaking more FIBER.....you can never have too much, especially when pregnant!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i agree with tlalondie...but you should discuss with your dr., probiotics and sources of good fiber. i would get a good probiotic from a health food store, and i would take 1 every 4 hours for a couple of days. i would eat broccoli every dinner, and i would have a green salad every lunch. veggies are very important!!! i would not eat too much bread, but would get my carbs from brown rice, one to two servings a day.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010