I need help! Post-c-section mommies please!

It's still very painful to cough, sneeze, clear my throat or speak loudly without holding in my belly. I need sometime of all around support to help with this pain and I can't find anything that seems like it would help!

mysteriousdaze

Asked by mysteriousdaze at 11:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in Health

• Was this your first C-section? If so it is going to hurt for a few weeks. My nurse told me to put a pillow near the scar and cough,sneeze,whatever you have to do. It helps with the pain a little bit. After a few weeks the pain will go away. I had 2 and the 2nd one was sooooooo much easier and less pain for everything. I was walking the next day with my second c-section.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• I am past the having to hold a pillow there, I am 6 weeks post-partum. I am looking for something like a tummy wrap or girdle for a little extra support. It's mostly uncomfortable unless I sneeze really hard or have to cough more than once. Anyone have any recommendations?
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 12:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh and this is my first c-section, 2nd child
    mysteriousdaze

Answer by mysteriousdaze at 12:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You should talk to your dr/ob. I had an open abdominal surgery (not c-section, but incision was in the same area but much bigger) and it took a while, but I was told I shouldn't have much, if any, pain past X amount of time. I'd definitely call and ask in the morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Honestly, you just had major surgery. It takes everyone different amounts of time to heal. My doctor extended the pain pills to help keep me more comfortable, I would take half. Don't lay on your stomach. The heaviest thing you should be lifting is the baby. Don't do too much, regardless of how you feel, if your doing too many daily things (vacuuming, cleaning, etc.) it will indeed make your pain worse. Believe me, in a few more weeks, you should start getting back to the things you used to do. You will also experience a numbing feeling where the actual incision is. I had my fourth 8 yrs ago and mine still feels a little numb. It's fairly normal though. Take care of yourself!
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 26, 2010