I need help Potty Training

My 2 yr old son use the bathroom all day and at night i put a diaper on him.I want to know how can i get him to use the bathroom at night? Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• You're going to have to set an alarm and wake him up to use the potty during the night. When he is sleeping, his autonomic nervous system takes over. Even though he may feel the urge, he may not be awake enough to recognize it as such. Stop food and beverages 2 hours before bed time and make sure he goes to the bathroom just before he goes to bed. That will help a lot. Good luck!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2010

• at a glance you question sounded like it was referring to you, lol...sprry it's early.
    your child is only 2, you need to give it time. my son wore pullups at night until he was 4 because he could not wake himself up to pee and no at the 5 yrs old he will dart out of bed and into a dark bathroom and do everything just fine. If you push it it will lead to washing alot of bedding and morning bathes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• try puul-ups but the ones that are sensative to wetness. I sure he'll hate that feeling of being wet.. And always make sure he goes before bed.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Time, this will happen in its own time. You cannot force it. My DD was 5 before she could go to bed without a pull-up
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:18 PM on Apr. 26, 2010