realllly DRY feet!!

Okay, my feet are really really dry. My heels crack and bleed, and the skin around my toenails is getting really dry now... any suggestions? Ive heard that pumice stones and scrubby things for getting rid of the calluses and stuff can just make them worse? What do I do? My feet are gross. :)

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 12:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• Soak your dry callused feet once a week in a large dishpan or similar container filled with warm water, a drop of dishwashing liquid, and approximately one cup of white vinegar. Soak them for about a half hour.

After soaking, rinse your feet, and thoroughly pat them dry. Rub off dead skin with the towel, then apply your favorite lotion especially formulated for very dry skin, and put on a pair of clean cotton socks. This is one of the best doctor recommended home remedies for dry callused feet.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Clip the edges around your toes (where it is dead and won't hurt) and put lotion on your feet at night and socks on top. Also after the shower is when you can use the pumice (I use a "ped-egg")
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Put petroleum jelly all over your feet make sure you put it on thick or it won't work then put on a pair of socks and go to bed/sleep if by the next morning you don't feel a change repeat the step again now it will be messy if you let it just be careful oh do all this after you've soaked your feet in warm/hot water for 15 min.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Go to a podiatrist's office. They sell the best stuff for that. No office visit is necessary. They sell the product in the office without seeing the dr

Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree with the vaseline suggestion. When my feet are feeling dry, I very generously put vaseline on them, then put on thick socks and go to bed. The next day, I take a bath and with my fingernails....just scrape the old skin off.....it comes right off like butter!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Bag Balm! Use a ton of it and wrap your feet in saran wrap and put socks over it. Keep it on as long as your can stand it - perhaps even overnight....works wonders!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Send me your mailing address & I'll send you some samples of quality products that work.

First you soak your feet in Dead Sea Salts that are blended with shea butter & plant based oils. The Dead Sea Salts will detoxify & your skin will absorb over 20 naturally occurring minerals. Next step would be a salt scrub. However, since your feet are cracked & bleeding, I don't recommend it. Then you moisturize with Shea Body Butter. Finally seal it in with a beeswax lotion bar.

I recommend you do this treatment before bed so your feet have time to heal before walking on them.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Rub a generour portion of lotion on your feet, I use Jergen's Face Cream then put on a pair of cotton socks. This will help your feet retain moisture.

You can also soak your feet in warm water w/ baby oil in it.

If you sleep w/ the socks on this would be best.
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 10:11 PM on Apr. 27, 2010