everytime I see my baby smile...

I feel this overwhelming sensation...like I think I'm going to cry...I don't know what's wrong with me. Obviously I love her, I know that's part of it but I feel like I'm breaking down or something. She's 7 months old and I get so darn emotional when I think about her...I see her smile and want to cry, I think about how she's getting older and get so darn sad, I see her hit a milestone and get mixed emotions. I know this is all pretty normal but it's really starting to get to me...it's like I can't handle the fact that she's growing up...did this happen to anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes this is so normal! i do the same thing. i have saved everything she has ever touched! i have many many boxes of stuff that i am saving for her. you are ok, you are a good mom! if you really think you are having some serious emotional issues then talk to your doc, she can help you. but it really sounds to me like you are ok. i just read a post that a mother wrote about hating being a mother. now that is really messed up!!
    take care!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Me!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• omg I was just thinking this last night. dd is only 3.5 months old, but sometimes when she smiles it's so beautiful I want to cry. Last night her and DH were on the floor in the living room playing and I was watching from the kitchen and tears were streaming down my face.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The same thing happens to me. My 5-month old little girl just started sitting up & I'm like, what happened?! Where did these 5 months go??? I cried when she started cooing, smiling, laughing. The emotional trip of creating a child & watching her grow is more intense than any psychedelic drug I've ever taken...I love it.

Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My son is 3 now and I have cried many many times because he litterally grew over night and I always say to my husband that I wish I could freeze time so he can stay little for ever :) It is sad but theres allot to look forward too when you have children from the time they take there first steps all the way up to when they have are grandbabys. I just gave birth to our little girl 2 weeks ago and Im hanging on to every second I have with her. Its fun being a mommy :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010