What do you think of this gift. (Sorry I closed the queston)

My neighbors dd is graduating high school and leaving for college in another state. The dd sent me her class photo and an invitation to her graduation. I did not have any idea what to buy someone for graduation. My childrens gifts were long ago written down because of my Mom's estate.

The girl said she needed a new pair of sneakers, Sketcher work out sneakers. Me, her mom and dd got online and found the exact set she wanted. It was in the amount I wanted to spend. So it is a win win situation. I think I will get her something small later, some towels or something in her favorite colors.

Thanks for all your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• ignore the others. I think it's a fine graduation gift. It's something she wants and something she'll use.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Ummm...how was this a question??
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 12:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• WHAT ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• And? This is a QUESTION area sweetie... That means you ask, others answer.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 7:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Thanks pagirl71, I had posted an earlier question on what type of gift would you get for a neighbors child who is graduating high school and leaving for college in the fall. I posted my answer, as above, in that question section, and accidentally closed the question. I am not techno savvy, and even simple things like this get this blonde old lady mixed up. I wanted to spend about $100 and when I asked the first question, they all said give cash. While that is great, I think a gift should be something I can see other then an envelope. So, last night she told me she could use a new pair of sneakers, now and for when she leaves for college. This young lady works a full time job because she is only on half days at school. I want this girl to have the best dang graduation ever. I am fully supporting her intentions to be an engineer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You spent $100 on someone else's kid a pair of shoes? That's way over my head. Personally I'd have given her a Visa Gift Card
    Anonymous

• Yes, I spent $100 on another person's child. This girl has worked very hard for what she has. This girl is the first person to complete high school OR go to college in her entire family. For that reason alone, I support her goals. I am happy with what she picked, something practical, useful and very needed. The last time she had a new pair of sneakers was Freshman year of high school.

Anonymous