what would you have said?

this m morning I used the toilet and I forgot to flushed the toilet well mydd 6 yrs. Old went to use it and told me there was blood on some paper in the toilet I was like oh ok mommy will check it out... I wanted so bad to tell her what it was but I think she might still be a little too young to understand what do ya"ll think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't see the problem with just giving her a brief explanation if asked that at a certain age you'll start bleeding once a month its natural nothing to be scared of and means your becoming a woman. Most likely she'll go ok and run off to play.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 9:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• well its best you tell her before someone else does in some weird nasty way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think she's too young and wouldn't understand even if you did try to explain it to her. I would of said I had a cut on my finger and it got on the Tpaper.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Waayyy to young to grasp the concept here momma,,,you flushed, you moved on,,,let it go,,she has like 7 or 8 years before she has to worry about these issues,,,just let her forget and skip her way to her next project,,,maybe join her for tea,,,bring your own bear!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• There is nothing to explain to a child that young.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• way to young!! i woulda said i cut myself..and left it at that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• for your situation I would have just left it at what you said. If there had been questions after that i would have answered them. My DD is 5 and she understands that mommy bleeds once a month, I had to explain because there are tampons in the trash, or blood on tissue in the toilet and she asked multiple times why. I refuse to not tell my children when they ask me questions, I just make it age appropriate. All that my DD knows is that mommies bleed once a month and that it is my body cleaning out as she puts it "the bad eggs". You dont have to give in depth detail and you dont have to give all the information, but when my children ask I give the amount of truth that I think they can handle at that point in their life.

If she brings it up again tell her as much as you feel she will understand and that explains what happens to your body. Until she brings it up again then let it go I think your response was perfect.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I was 9 when my mother explained it to me and I still didnt fully comprehend at that age but I sure figured it out about 2 years later!! So unless questions come up later just leave it alone until you feel shes ready.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• LOL anon:46 maybe 7 or 8 yrs, but maybe not, my daughter is 11 and one of her friends got her last week -she's 10!!! OMG
    Anyhow- bump all above, I'd tell her you cut your finger, but now the moment has passed, unless she brings it up let it go.
    My 5 yr old asked why I have a hairy bottom today ( LMAO time to wax) I just said it was Gods way of letting me know I'm a grownup now.... well it's mainly correct!?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i think you handled it perfectly!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2010