She was given a Crucifix but this is not our beliefs. Should I allow my toddler to wear this necklace?

What was your first answer or thought to this?

Really she was given a pentagram necklace. I don't want her to wear it. Is there a difference? Do the answers remain the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If I have a toddler,,,,is this a safe necklace for a toddler to be wearing? That was my first reaction,,,toddlers dont usually wear necklaces,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• To her it is just a piece of jewelry. If your beliefs are so strong against it though, then do not let her wear it. And yes my answer would be the same no matter what the necklace was.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My daughter wears one and so does my nephew. I don't want her to wear this and feel that the giver would feel the same way if I gave her child a Christian necklace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I dont' think a toddler should wear any type of religious symbol at all. She isn't old enough to even grasp the concept yet. When she is old enough to choose, then let her have the necklace.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• if it was against my religion i wouldnt let her.

especially if it was choking hazard haha
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Nope she's a toddler, it's a choking/strangulation hazard and a symbol of a religion -I don't think children should wear any religious symbols at all - That said -is the gift giver a PRACTISING pagan (?) or do they just like the pretty design? Either way I wouldn't let them wear it on a health basis and if they are practicing the religion, give it back and tell her you won't tolerate the rudeness of that again. If given in innocence explain why she can't wear it and offer it back. They have a right to their own beliefs so I hope you don't try to put your religion on them, by the same respect.- And the toddler will cry for a while and then get over it - if she really liked Daddy's razor blade you'd still take it away without any regret
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• my thought was well then dont let her wear it.Either way whatever it is if you dont like it then dont put it on her......idk what to tell u about what to do with it though
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• lol, I would let her wear it if she wanted too and was old enough. My dd actually has a cross bracelet that a friend at church gave her. The only thing I don`t like are the crucifixes with Jesus on them. I think they look creepy.
    On another note. Once my dd wore her pentacle necklace to my aunts house. My aunt saw it, freaked out then ripped it off and threw it into the trash. I was SOOO pissed! She never went back again.
    paganbaby

Answer by paganbaby at 2:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Oh, one other thing. Would you have a problem with any other religious jewelry?
    paganbaby

Answer by paganbaby at 2:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I had a cross for years that I got when my mother made me go through confirmation. It sat in a box for about 15 years before I gave it to my niece. I wouldn't have felt comfortable wearing it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2010