Buckle Fracture Of The Wrist?

My 3 yo dd recently fractured her wrist (jumping off the couch) I took her to the ER and they did an xray and splinted it and referred me to an Orthopaedic Dr. So when we got there they didnt xray or anything just gave her a removable splint and said to come back in 2 weeks. Ok so hes the Dr. I had no problems until.....a friend of mine said that her kid had a buckle fracture in the same wrist and they had to set the bone and she wore a cast for 3 weeks then a splint for 2. Then another friend had told me that as a teenager she had the same injury and they just splinted it and she ended up having to have surgery becasue it didnt heal correctly. So then I did my own research and usual treatment for this is a soft cast for 3 -4 weeks. Then I started to feel that maybe this was a result of us not having insurance. ( SO was laid off in Dec.) So my Q is should I question this Dr. because of other peoples experiences or trust him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Good question. If you have a regular pediatrician who knows your family maybe you can call and ask him/her.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010