That girl just flipped me off in traffic. He just cut me in line at the bus

When I encounter a hostile person you know what I do?

I pray! I pray for the person, I am happy to pray for the person. Isn't it better to say I will pray for you and not say "@!#$$ son of a !@#$#%"

prayers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• NP, lol, if that's how you need to paint "me" to serve your purpose, be my guest. I made myself clear where I was coming from, I also made the distinction that the person wouldn't even know I said a prayer for them so how anybody can see fit to judge my actions as insulting or self-serving is beyond me. You don't know what my interests are or what I have consideration for or not. I guess how you see it depends on your MO and your own personal POV...I prefer to see it as I have consideration for them 'as a person', I love them as a fellow human being and I would pray for them out of consideration and compassion for whatever they are going through at the moment that would cause them to act that way because I've probably been in a similar situation and I feel for them. Take that how ever you want or need to.

Anonymous

• meh some days not praying feels better
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• praying

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Its so hardddddd to turn the cheek and not say someting back.Although i need to practice ur method more often.......but its soooooo hard
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Some times turning the other cheek works some times it doesn't work. I turn the other cheek when it is better. I fight back when there is need.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• is there a question? Good for you and all but a question???
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Why don't you pray for yourself, that you have more tolerance and patience. Maybe you should pray for more understanding for other people, as you NEVER know what they are going through to cause them to be so unaware of others around them. WHy don't you pray for yourself and your own actions, as YOUR OWN actions are the only ones YOU can control.
    Praying for others is trying to control others....and that doesn't work.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'll give an example of something. My DS broke his arm at school this year. I had to drive him in my car to the orthopedist with him SCREAMING in the back seat...BEGGING me to drive slooooow, and to not make any turns. I had to take a major highway at one point.
    I came to my exit and I had to drive about 20 mph on it. I had someone behind me, laying on the horn....screaming at me to move faster. As I was trying to comfort my DS, not lose my cool and scream back at someone who had NO idea of what I was going through inside my own car to cause me to drive like that.
    Would I want someone to pray for ME at that point? No. I'd rather they learn patience, and how to control themselves. ANd understand that people have lives, and things happen to cause us to do things that inconvience others but for a moment.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• pray and bless them but sometimes I even get upset I am doing that less tho. Thats only when someone cuts me off in traffic. as for getting flipped off or cut in line.. I just shrug it off.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• And no it's not better to say you'll pray FOR that person...that is presumptious. It's better to say you'll pray for yourself. Afterall you only know if you need prayers. You don't know anything about that person. You don't know if they need prayers...and it would be presumptious to say they do by one single moment in time.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010