Why is it that....

being a childcare provider is considered a real job but being a mom is not? So is being a teacher, a housekeeper, an organizer, a personal assistant, a chef, a nutrisionist, a tutor, etc.
But if you are a mom than you are worthless unless you hold a "real" job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Being a mom is a "real" job all that other crap is part time they get to go home at the end of the day, who cares what everyone says were moms and we know we work our asses off and we have the hardest yet BEST job in the world...you might not make money just being mom but it has the most amazing benefits and the most valuable rewards of ANY job I've ever had!!
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree with lalasmom.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Being a mom is a 24/7 job, we just dont get paid for it. But it is the best job in the world and we dont need to get paid for it, we have the best reward already and that is our children.
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 3:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you think you're worthless because you are a sahm that's your problem.
    Just because some dickhead in a chatroom says something doesn't make it true and it doesn't mean other people agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• when I decided to be a sahm and my sister in law did as well and she home schools! her mother..my mother in law scoffed at us...calling us lazy because we didn't have "real jobs"...I hate it when people don't see that being a full time mom is a real job
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It kind of like being a hooker. If your just screwing your boyfriend it doesn't count. If you go out and someone pays you, it's a job.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:55 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• being a mom is the hardest job any one can have. I don't consider it worthless. It's hard to have to sworry about your children. you want nothing but the best for them . one is always even a little over protective over them.Just because one is a working mom. it doesn't make you a better mom. A working gives their children to someone else to mind them.I mean the most she does is come home maybe feed him. spend couple hours with them and put them to bed. thats not taking care of them ,thats visiting them. I work part-time but i take my child to the day care next door. And in my first 15 minute break I go see how my child is doing and for my 1 hour lunch I go see how she's doing,after I eat. Then IA go back to finish work and 2 hours later I go pick her up and go home.The people I work with say to me that I should let my daughter have some space and not go to her so often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• PS I don't work on the week-ends because the day cre next door is not open.then. Unless they really need me and can bring my daughter in with me. its only for 3 hours anyway. 9-12.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i don't mind what anyone else thinks about what i do. it bothers me that my dh seems to have no idea what it takes to run the house and family :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think being a mom is the hardest yet best job that could exist. We work harder than anyone else. It would be pretty awesome if we got cash payments though hehe just kidding <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010