whats wrong with me

i broke up with my childs father 3 years ago he has proven himself to be an @$$ repeatedly but i still love him( we had a very intense short relationship where i pathetically fell head over heels ) i just cant understand why i cant get over him i hate myself for having any feelings for him since he is a crap dad but talking to him still makes me happy i think about him everyday is this normal to love someone when in all rights you should want to slap them into next week

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• The more you say "I can't get over him... I was head over heels...talking to him still makes me happy" the more that all becomes true. Make a written list of the crappy ways he has behaved - copy it several times -put one in the car, one next to the ph, one over the kitchen sink. Be deadly honest with yourself.
    Now whenever you find yourself missing him, or thinking sweetly about him, walk to the nearest list & read it aloud. You need to retrain your brain to see him as a crap father - let me put it this way ( please don't be offended) why do you still feel happy to talk to a man who treats your kids like crap? Maybe if you start to reword that to be - I get a false sense of security when I talk to him. I forget what a pig he is when I talk to him, He is charming but he is still a crap father. Talk to yourself & be honest with yourself AND apart from talking about the children, DON'T talk to him. He's not good for your kids
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• It is normal. I really dont want to go into much detail but lets just say I went through an absolute heck of a time with him my ex... and I STILL two years later miss the heck out of him.. :( You just have to grow, understand he is past and start working on your heart to see the future and put the past where it belongs... gone...
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 4:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• you "cant" get over him because YOU dont want to. its a choice. you are CHOOSING to THINK you love him. you know he is worthless. my question would be, why do you feel you deserve that? instead of love with someone more deserving?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:09 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think you need therapy. Not trying to be mean, but no, it's NOT normal.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 4:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sorry but that's not love. It's more of relationship addiction and codependence. There is a book called How to Fall Out of Love (forgot the author) but it's for people who think they are in love and can't get over their ex. It's an easy read and you can just read the chapters that pertain to your situation if you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• your not in love with him your in love with the man he was in the very begining
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:45 PM on Apr. 26, 2010