If you have had 3 or more c-sections....

can you please tell me about your experiences? Did you have complications in the latter surgeries? Were you alot older between 1st and 3rd? Were the surgeries very different? Did you have a harder recovery? Was any one of them more painful than a previous one? Were you completely worthless after them because of the pain and medications? Did you breastfeed? (I am about to have my 3rd c-section and I am pretty nervous about it for some reason)

TLALONDE16

Asked by TLALONDE16 at 5:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had 4. After all of them I was a little sore. The first couple of weeks are always going to be a little rough. Overall though I recovered fairly quickly and I took the pain medications and was not completely worthless. You need plenty of time to recover. I tried my very best to breast feed, I had a lot of trouble though. That doesn't mean it won't work out for you though. Make sure you take it easy and don't be afraid to take the medication. You are not worthless, you will have had major surgery. You'll be just fine. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My third was my worst recovery, but I think it was more because the doctor just did a terrible job.

I breastfeed after all 3. (My second was in the NICU for 8 days and never could latch, but I pumped and the NICU nurses gave her that instead of formula)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I've had 3 c-sections. The first 2 were 20 months apart and the 2nd and 3rd were also 20 months apart. I had no complications. The 3rd surgery was the easiest and the fastest recovery.
    * 1st (Aug of 2006)- Went into labor 2 days before my scheduled c-section. Young dr was on call & left me in labor for 15 hours before finally doing the c-section. A mix up in the records showed I had spinal bifida (I don't), so they couldn't do a spinal. They put me to sleep. The pain was imaginable (no spinal, no epi). They gave me a morphine drip which didn't help. Recovery terrible.
    * 2nd(April of 2008) - Awake, made the scheduled c, got my dr. Smooth surgery. Ok recovery.
    *3rd -(Dec of 2009) Awake, vomitted during surgery. Recovery was a breeze. Was up & caring for baby just 5 hours after surgery.

I BF all 3, never supplements. Started BFing each one around 1 hour post surgery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have had four c- sections and about 20 weeks pregnant. DR has schedule the 5th c-section on first week of Sept 2010,
    first one was 1997,second 2006, third 2007, fourth 2008 then 2010. I BF in all, 24 hours post surgery, the first one was trible but the other three, recovery was easy,I'm thinking of doing the sixth one after this one.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 6:07 PM on Apr. 26, 2010