Contractions?

If you are having contractions but they dont really 'hurt', just uncomfortable, but they are pretty steady, should you go to the hospital or wait till they syart to become a little more painful?

Iv been having these sense 10 o' clock lastnight. They started out a little more painful then they are now but still the contractions are very close and lasting around 30 secs long.

My belly is rock hard. My baby is way less active. But other then my back being sore, i could sleep through all these contractions rigjt now.

Just dont know if im suposto wait till they hurt or go in now anyways?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My OB told me to wait until the contractions are 5min apart for an hour before going. I would call your doc just to see. They may just want you to come into the office and check you.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Assuming you're full term, the general rule of thumb is to wait until they're 5 minutes apart, last for 1 minute each, and have stayed consistent for an hour. For most women, by that point, they hurt, but not for all, so pain isn't really a good indication. Have you tried changing position (lying down, walking around, etc.) or drinking a bunch of water? If that helps, then it's not "real". If it doesn't help, then call your doc and see what they want you to do.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yea my OB is useless. I called last night and belive it or not they dont have an after hours answering service... All it said is if your having any signs of labor to proceed to your asigned hoapital. And if i wait till after 9 o"clock this morning when they open all they will say is go to the hospital if im contracting because theres not much they can do about it at the office.
    Bull i know. But i went threw this with them already. Im 35wks. I figure it wont hurt (although it normally dose physically jurt to gi to the hospital haha) to go get checked out, but its a pain cause i have to either bring my other two children or wait for help. And i dont wanna sit therr for four hours for tjem to say its nothing... I dont know what to do!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• God Bless You! my contractions never hurt me. so, how far apart are they? 35 weeks is ok to deliver, but if there is anything you can do to keep your baby in, you should. drink water, take a warm bath or shower, lay down on your side. if it were not for water breaking i would never know when i was in labor. i wish you and your family the best of luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My contractions are 2-3 mins apart. Im getting uncomfertable and restless. Still not in real pain but my belly and back are Very sore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• do you have someone to take the kids? i think it may be time to go in! i do home births, so my midwives would have been with me by now, b/c mine come pretty quickly.
    congratulations!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Lol. Thanks Happy2! i always look forward to your answers! I tryed to drink some more water and layed down for an hour but i think its geting to the point that im worried now even if its not that painful. Im going in to L&D now.

Wish us luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2010