i am going to get bashed for this but i dont care

i dont see whats wrong w/the new law in arizona. u want 2 b in this country do it the right way, thousands have. dont come over here & hang up your flag & want us to speak ur language if ur country was so great go back. i cant stand it when people give me an attitude cuz i cant understand them or i because i only speak english. when i want overseas no one tried to speak english to me they expected me to know their language & u know what, thats cool. i was a guest in their country. i see nothing wrong with knowing how to speak a second language, my daughter has learned spanish from handy manny & thats cool!im not racist either. im just tired of people doing things illegally & getting away with it. i have never done anything illegally and thats not hard to do. I dont care if you want to live here but do it the right way. dont expect us to change everything 4 u. u didnt like ur country thats why u left!

jamiethornton26

Asked by jamiethornton26 at 7:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The state is merely doing what it has to in order to protect its LEGAL citizens because the Federal Government has FAILED.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• thats right grl! and why should't OUR country protect US. you want OUR country to protect you then become a citizen! stop being stupid! i get it might be hard to become a citizen but what happen to working hard for what you want?
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 7:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I also agree.... Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't we all supposed to carry some sort of ID with us anyway? I can see some potential problems with this (like people not keeping an ID with them) but they work out all the kinks if given a chance.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• im just sick of people whining and complaining! is it annoying to get pulled over, yes but oh well suck it up and start your whining. put your grown up panties on and deal with it! come here the right way or get the you know what out! when did people become so soft and whiney? when did people start complaining so much. grown people are whining and crying like children!
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree, the federal government is not doing it's job.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 7:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• we should have been doing this every already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You are rite if they want to live here "speak english", for goodness sake, I agree!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• On top of that, they also said that they just use Arizona as a transient state. They then move on to the rest of the country, and cause all kinds of havoc. Not all of them, obviously. BUT, the ones that are here illegally are costing this country a shit-ton of money. Not including law enforcement costs, either. Healthcare costs alone. And I agree, we are required to carry ID at all times, right? Just because we have so many freedoms, it's used as an excuse to come here. It's unreal. I would think that the legals would push harder for laws since things are made hard for them. If it was much more difficult, pretty much impossible, to get here illegally, this wouldn't be an issue.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• There are a lot of paranoid people that say the cops are going to pull them over for no reason just to see if they are legal or not. The police have to have reasonable cause to pull them over. Just like the police can't search your vehicle w/o reasonable cause. They are just looking for a reason to scream racism. This country spends too much money on illegals and their anchor babies.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• matthews, There are a lot of paranoid people that say the cops are going to pull them over for no reason just to see if they are legal or not. The police have to have reasonable cause to pull them over. Just like the police can't search your vehicle w/o reasonable cause. They are just looking for a reason to scream racism. This country spends too much money on illegals and their anchor babies.

Police will use any excuse available to pull you over, broken tail light, etc, the search peoples vehicle all the time without reasonable cause, they are the first ones to break the law in order to stop people, it is done on an everyday basis, my problem with this law is that it is unconstitutional, and I doubt it if it will continue to other states.

Answer by older at 8:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010