For mommas with pre-teens through teenage years...

Some days, I swear I find it difficult to remember that my 10 year old was once my cute, cuddly sweet little boy.Now he's a loud,obnoxious,rude,smart mouthed mess! So, when I woke up this morning I told myself,no matter what he says or does today instead of getting peeved at him, I'm gonna close my eyes and think of all the wonderful things about him and then I will give him a great big hug and a smootch on the cheek instead!
So...who else is with me today? What is at least one thing that your precious pre-teen or teen makes you smile about?

For me...
Give me a sec..
It's not that easy to think...LOL
I know! I know...
He is sincerely nice to those less fortuante than he is.He has always stood up for other kids that were getting picked on and cares about thier feelings.
Okay thats my start for the day..you turn! lol
Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 11 year old (girl) is quite the catty little handful.... and my friends don't really understand (their girls are MUCH younger and still in that "eager to please phase" of their development!)

Lets see.... My DD is extremely artist and talented. Her art makes me happy.

I wish I could come up with something *really nice* that she has done this week... but no. I'm drawing a blank. Don’t get me wrong, she is a great kid, she’s just in a kinda “its all about me”
    phase right now.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have the same problem. My 11 year old can be the nastiest person on Earth! When he is, I think about how polite and respectful to others he can be, and I tell him "thank you" for it.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• perfect timing....

my 9 year old was a bundle of tears and attitude this morning.

oh the hormones...

breathe mama breathe.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My 11 yr old was a handful this morning so I think your post couldn't have come at a better time.

He's very caring of others, is usually quick to help me with the chores, and is one heck of an artist.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The bigger the child, the bigger the problems.

Remember, when a child is most unlovable is when that child needs our love the most.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i have 3 girls so yeah sometimes it is a real treat. Veronica is the oldest- she loves and told me I was one of her bestfreinds. Jesse is just a sweet as pie and always gives me hugs and kisses and Molly she is real stinker but she still thinks "boys are icky and they have cooties" Veronica is 14 and Jesse is 12 (really like 30) and Molly is 10. Raising girls is a real challenge and I was reminded within the past few days by examples of other teens behavior, just how lucky I'am to have such a wonderful bunch of crazy coconuts. I think I will keep em, well most days.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm gonna be real honest here. My kids are 12 and almost 11. We don't have these issues.

Home schooling and the lack of tv are the reason I think we don't :) They don't know they are supposed to be acting this way LOL!!
    Anonymous

• My 10yr son not is not only in the "I AM GOD" phase but since I am american indian, Im short, so he is only about two inches shorter than me and he knows it. His 4yr old sister is definitely the alpha of the two, so when they fight it can get nasty. Especially when she gets mad starts to hit or head butt. To make it all worse my husband works in the oilfield and is constantly out of town. One day the two kids had been going at it all day and then he tried to bow up to me and yell at me like that made him a man. I tried the whole dad's an adult your not, don't act like him, act like you thing. That didn't work. So the next time my son acted like he a man I treated him like one and he ended up on his butt. When he began copying the way dad talked, I made his get up brite and early on the next Sat. and do all dad's chores. He decided he likes only having to do the kitchen and help with his sister. We're working on his god complex
    BellTwinsMom

Answer by BellTwinsMom at 1:05 PM on Apr. 28, 2010

• Be CAREFUL, Anon :56. Kids tend to make liars of us, and that piper will be paid at one point or another!

Kimberly, that's a GREAT reminder. Hmmm....mine loves our dog to pieces and is very good with her. Seeing them play always makes me smile.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2010