Did you know, despite what liberals have said~ the Arizona Bill still requires 'Reasonable Suspicion'

The “reasonable suspicion” requirement is still there

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I won't paint the entire law enforcement population of the U.S. with such a broad brush, nor assume Arizona if full of terrible cops.

I believe police in general are wonderful people who risk their lives daily to protect the citizens and legal residents of this country.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• B. FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON, EXCEPT IF THE DETERMINATION MAY HINDER OR OBSTRUCT AN INVESTIGATION. ANY PERSON WHO IS ARRESTED SHALL HAVE THE PERSON’S IMMIGRATION STATUS DETERMINED BEFORE THE PERSON IS RELEASED. THE PERSON’S IMMIGRATION STATUS SHALL BE VERIFIED WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PURSUANT TO 8 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 1373(c).

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE MAY NOT SOLELY CONSIDER RACE, COLOR OR NATIONAL ORIGIN IN IMPLEMENTING THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS SUBSECTION EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE UNITED STATES OR ARIZONA CONSTITUTION. A PERSON IS PRESUMED TO NOT BE AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES IF THE PERSON PROVIDES TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER OR AGENCY ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. A VALID ARIZONA DRIVER LICENSE. 2. A VALID ARIZONA NONOPERATING IDENTIFICATION LICENSE. 3. A VALID TRIBAL ENROLLMENT CARD OR OTHER FORM OF TRIBAL IDENTIFICATION. 4. IF THE ENTITY REQUIRES PROOF OF LEGAL PRESENCE IN THE UNITED STATES BEFORE ISSUANCE, ANY VALID UNITED STATES FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDENTIFICATION

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes I knew that and tried to tell those saying otherwise.I think some just don't care they want an excuse is all.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:29 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you read the bill, they continuously refer to US FEDERAL LAWS...  So, liberals WAKE UP!!  Al this is doing is maing the feds get serious about enforcement and allowing STATE OFFICIALS to do what the FEDS will not... 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• grly reasonable suspicion, is abused now as it is by very many officers in a lot of states, often having cases thrown out because they lack it. They often make up excuses for probable cause, this is an everyday occurrence, this is why a lot of cases get thrown out of court. So I can only imagine what will happen in Arizona!

Answer by older at 8:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Imagine all you want older... You lied in an earlier post and said this bill was unconstitutional.. Which goes to show you DID NOT read the bill....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

older, I find it funny that you can allow yourself play fortune teller NOW, after,you, older~ criticized conservatives for using current/past government trends and accusing conservatives of predicting the future of Health Care...   Does that make you a hypocrite?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Stop crying..and do one of two things..deal with it because Arizona wants to protect its citizens living in the state..(the federal government is REQUIRED PER OUR CONSTITUTION TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS..THEY AREN'T DOING IT..SO IF YOU WANT TO TAK CONSTITUTION ..THERE YA HAVE IT!) OR you take your ass there and protect the people ..otherwise get the hell over it and stop screaming racism..some of you are nothing but race baiters..always looking for a chance to cry racism.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• grly, I do not lie, I read the bill and I beleive it to be unconstitutional and so very many others who know the law. Police officers will try to enforce this law based solely on the way they look and they have a certain profile to match, it happens with black people all the time, and the same will happen with this bill, no matter how it is worded. I am good friends with a few police officers, I get this info from them. And grly an opinion on a subject is not a lie!

Answer by older at 8:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2010