Has a post here ever changed your opinion about something?

A lot of people are too hard headed to be able to have any one change their mind once it is “made up”. I believe that is an ignorant way to live. I try my best to be open minded to all perspectives. Some times a good debate can make my opinion change.

How about you? Are you open minded and willing to look at another person’s perspective? Or are you one of those that has a mind like concrete- thoroughly mixed and permanently set?

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 8:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Actually yah on a couple of things... First unnecessary inductions, when I was electively induced (although I had decent reasons) with my 3 yo dd I was only 19 and had NO idea the kind of complications that could have come up. I got very very lucky that mine went so smoothly. Now after learning somethings about it on here, and verifying that its fact, I would not make that choice again and if I could, would go back and change it.
    Also ERF. I have no plans to go all crazy til they are like 7. But, especially with my 14 month olds hypotonia, I will be RF'ing until at least 2, potentially 3 with her! And any other kids I may have until 2 for sure!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• sharing is learning and even in the rubble that some of these posts become, you can learn. Because of the anonimity of online, you can see the best and worst of people. Hopefully your post will not be trashed
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:41 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I've just got here. I like to read the posts rather than giving my opinion. Cafemom keeps reeling me in. LOL
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 8:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Hopefully your post will not be trashed

I anticipate it will... but that's OK. It will only prove the point about how defensive and closed minded many moms here are.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• LOL. I guess i am guilty of being a little closed minded at times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I really can't say that it has. However, I have adult children and they too have children. Mostly, I give advice. I really can't say that I agree with many modern ways of raising children though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• not really change my mind but seen a different perspective on things that i normally look it that way. i look forward to learning and growing as a person and a mom.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i have definitely learned some new things! i am glad too, i hate to pass along bad information!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes, here & there, i have learned a thing or two on here. Some people put up great arguments & there are some very smart women among the all the dumb ones on here.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Posting on an Internet forum seldom changes my mind about things. As a matter of fact if I was back into a corner I would say NO it does not. That does not mean I've never changed my mind about things. I have; it's just more likely to happen in "real" life with a real conversation face to face.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2010