Here we go, again!!! My daughter's teacher is totally driving us crazy!!!!

My daughter, Emily(Emmie), is in the 4th grade & we have had such a hard time this year with this teacher. Now, I will admit sometimes kids test the waters with adults but my child just can't win for trying with her. The latest thing happened Friday when Emmie was at lunch & unknown to her had a pepsi in her lunch box. Ok, I know alot of you are going to say that soda is not the best thing for kids to drink but I thought it would be a little treat for her since she has been helping out so great at home. I'm the only one who ever packs her lunch box & I made that choice not her. However, she got a code for it. Now, it is not a school rule for her not to bring that and I have been there alot at lunch when other classes have them. She has been in this school since k-5 & never have had such a bad time dealing with someone. I did call that day after she told me about it & the teacher told me it was a 4th grade rule-not school wide.

donnalynn26

Asked by donnalynn26 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in

• For our school, that is a school wide rule. But, I would imagine that is an example and not the entire issue. I know when my DD was having trouble (3rd grade) something like that would have made her flip her lid (at me for getting her in trouble!) We're very close to the end of the year and hopefully your DD can just stick it out these last few weeks. Maybe next year she'll have an easier time.

She is going to advance to the next grade, right?? If so, it will be a new start for her.... Best of luck!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't know if I'm wrong. But I believe some teachers feel that their authority has been compromised. Not letting your child bring soda is a way of showing that the teacher is the only one who has a said in School.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:25 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• has a say***
    Energ8zr

• i would have bitched out the teacher. Obviously, they did not make this "rule" well known to the parents.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:39 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I would go to the principal about it especially since she was given a "code" about it. I would ask to see proof of this so called 4th grade "rule".
    I've had to deal with some doozies for teachers in the past with my son, so I understand. Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:51 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Since she doesn't pack her own lunchbox, she should not be in trouble for it. I would go to the principal and explain to him/her that you did this as a special treat for your daughter, and tell him that you were unaware of the rule. This will not only show them that the teacher isn't disciplining appropriately, and that there isn't effective communication between the school and the parents.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I agree with tropicalmama and was about to suggest almost the exact same thing.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:52 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Did the school let the parents that no soda was allowed to be taken in for lunch for fourth grade. If not tell her that she should of said something about it at a parent teacher meeting or send aa paper home with the kids to give to their parents about it.Instead of coming down on your daughter so hard like she did. And if she (the teacher) mzkes a big deal out of it go talk to the principal. about this. situastion.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2010