Can having large breasts cause health problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Health

• i was a 34d as a junior in high school and by the time i was 24 i had upper back problems. i had plenty of muscle due to doing hard phyical labor growing up on a farm but the job i was doing at 24 was a lot of repetitive work and my chiropractor said almost all large breasted women have upper back problems sooner or later.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yes. all kind of posture issues and back pain. Makes it harder to breathe and more uncomfortable to work out.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:48 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• the women in my family all have big boobs ...( the smallest is my aunt with a D cup) .... we ALL have horrible back problems...one of my aunts even had back surgery to help fix it and ended up dying ( from complications from the surgery) ..... I mean I am not sure what other problems it causes, but back problems is really serious and really painful !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Back, shoulder and neck pain. Posture is a big problem. I've got DD's and I've always had back pain!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I don't want to sound "shallow" but it could give you stress to look for clothes that fit properly. Try find a work shirt that fits your upper body.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:58 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yes. I have back issues because of it! I have DDD and it affects my posture, it makes it harder for me to run, and my back constantly aches.

I am in the process of losing weight, only about 10 pounds to go, then I plan on getting a breast reduction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm sure it does, I was itty bitty barly B cup before this baby and right now breast feeding I'm a C cup almost D. my back and neck hurt all the time, at first I thought it was a the baby. but I noticed holding the baby makes my back hurt in different areas. I think boobs play a huge part in back problems.

still hasn't changed my mind about getting a boob job when I'm done having kids though.
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Breast cancer is not caused by large breasts, but having larger breasts can make it more difficult to locate and diagnose tumors.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 7:40 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Mine are DD and I have almost constant neck and back pain.
    jat08167

Answer by jat08167 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 26, 2010