Why do people have so many problems with cops ?

I always hear/ see on here...that the cops are out to get everyone, their pigs, etc.

I mean of course there can always be a bad cop somewhere but to say they all are? Thats idiotic and it just makes you looks like your a low-life who is doing something that your afraid to get caught doing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what people don't understand is, they are just doing their job. think about all the low life pieces of crap they have to deal with that put their lives in danger on a daily basis. people don't seem to realize what a hard job it is, and it most often goes without appreciation.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm not afraid of cops but I know that some can take thier authority a bit too far.It's the fear of running into that one bad cop that some people may want to stay away from them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• fear is probably the number one reason. That fear may be reality based (guilty and worried about getting caught), or that fear is learned (TV, News stories, hear-say) I get nervous when a cop is following me in the car. I worry that I will make a mistake and get a ticket, but I'm not afraid of the officer beyond that.

I used to be more fearful of officers. But now I make a concentrated effort to reach out to them if the situation is appropriate. They are real- people after all!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:53 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• HA HA They must have a guilty conscience. Our elementary school has been adopted by a police man (who has kids that attend) whose focus is to provide a positive role of policemen in these kids' lives. He doesn't want them to grow up fearing the police, but rather see that they are here to help.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have only met one policeman who was nice & helpful. All the others I have met seem like they are on a power-trip and are very condescending.

Some have seemed like they had nothing better to do than pull me over for my tail light being out, asking me if I'm on drugs, asking my husband to step out of the car so they can question him, asking me to open the trunk so he could see if we had camping gear (I told him we were on our way to the campground, which we were). Because my tail light was out.

I know there are good cops out there, but they must not work around here :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2010