He promised his family we would name our son after his father...

( that is my husband will name our first son after his father) ...the problem is his fathers name is Henry Peter....and I am 7 months pregnant with a SON.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm assuming he didn't talk to you about this first?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Use Henry as a middle name. Or put Henry as the first name on the birth certificate, choose a middle name to your liking, and call him by that.

Henry Peter isn't a bad name, but I can imagine jokes other kids might make, especially around adolescence :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you don't like the name, then don't name him that. If my DH would of promised his family that he would name our son something I didn't like I would be pissed. And I would never do that to him. You should name him something you BOTH like and to hell with naming him after other people. Good luck
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 10:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• LOL. Poor thing.
    Well, HE promised..not you..right?
    Maybe you can compromise with him by YOU choosing a different first name and then having 2 middle names?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:05 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Another thought..it could be worse...his first name could be HARRY...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If you don't like the name why don't you try using Henry Peter as a middle name? So his name would be *name you like* Henry Peter *last name*. That way you have named him after his grandfather and still get the name you like. I would think that would be acceptable to everyone (one would think at any rate...).
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 10:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• So then you name the boy Henry. Or you name him Peter. Or you make one of the names a middle name. That way, he's still named after his grandfather, and you still get to pick a name you like as well.

For example, our ds is named after my dh's brother and my brother. His first name is the same as my bil's name, and his middle name is the same as my brother's name.

It doesn't have to be exact (as in John David Smith, and this is the grandson, also John David Smith) to be named after someone. That only matters if, for example, your fil was Henry Peter, your dh was Henry Peter Jr, and they wanted your ds to be Henry Peter the third...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I kind of think Henry is cute. You can name him Henry then call him by his middle name. Or use initials. My friend's son is called K.C. Or use Henry as the middle name. It's not so bad. It's nice to honor family traditions. He'll know his name means something.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yeah because a good old fashioned name is a bad thing. Just name you child Axel, Cord, or some other trendy name
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• At least it wasn't harry peter or harry bush--lol name him what ever you want--tell his family that you were not informed of this promise tell later and you are uncomfortable with it.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:21 AM on Apr. 26, 2010