i need a little advie, i have a small apartment its me my boyfriend and my 6 month old daughter, every time i clean it seems like i get nowhere how can i clean and make it look like the apartment is bigger then it really is?

lil_pnut

Asked by lil_pnut at 10:02 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in a apartment 2 bedrooms four kids two adults.. my 3 girls share one room (with a bunkbed) me, hubby, & baby in another.. I clean a little everyday. Anything you don't use or won't use in the next 6 months can go bye-bye, Organization is a must in a small place, furniture thats not too big. This site can help-
    http://interiordec.about.com/od/articlesonbasics/a/smallroomtricks.htm
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• thank you maiahlynn!
    lil_pnut

Answer by lil_pnut at 10:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• also mutipurpose furniture, don't block walk ways, thank you for asking this the sites i found can help me to..
    planetgreen.discovery.com › Home & Garden
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• check out ikea. this is what they specialize in! do you have a lot of baby gear? that can make a small apartment very small!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Downsize your stuff! Seriously, if you aren't using it and have no plans to use it within the year, then find it a new home. Why clean what you are not using?

Minimal furniture & make sure your furniture fits your rooms. Too much or too big of furniture steals useable space.

Lighten up! Brighter neurtrals for your walls & furniture help to make a room look larger, especially if the furniture color matches the walls b/c they'll blend in, creating the illusion of more space. If you want more color, add it by using accessories instead. It's easier to change them out if you get tired of a color, plus the bold punches of color here & there will keep your eyes moving around the room, making it feel more spacious. Just don't use too much or it will look cluttered & chaotic.

Organization! Everything has a place & everything in its place. If you don't have a space for something, then you don't really need it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Brighten up....Keeps blinds open during the day. Mirrors on certain walls help reflect the space making it feel bigger. A neutral one color pallet with small touches of color is best. Multi function furniture - an ottoman that holds toys etc.
    Good luck!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:26 PM on Apr. 26, 2010