How old was your child when you had him/her baptized? (If you did have them baptized that is).

My son was just over 6 months old.

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I'm sort of anti-religion, but my husband's religion doesn't baptize until after the individual can profess their faith on their own (aka, make their own decision).

I know I was personally baptized twice when I was in infant (before 1 year old). One of the churches didn't accept the baptism from the other. My mom ended up leaving that church...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• 3 weeks old. Plan on doing the same with baby #2.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My son was baptised at 3 because of family insistance, but he made the choice to be baptised again by immersion new years weekend. He's almost 11. I don't believe in baptising until the child is old enough to accept Jesus. However our church does child dedications before that. Sort of like a Christening.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 10:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• They were all baptized before the year. Then at 15 my son went on his own and got baptized through a Chrisitian Baptist church.

Answer by older at 10:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• We're Catholic and I had my daughter Baptized when she turned a yr old.
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• My oldest was baptized at two months, my youngest at 3 months. To us, the baptism is the parents making that decision to raise the child in God's house. If the child wants to do it for himself, he can be Confirmed. Still not taking a choice away from them. My youngest is half Muslim and was baptized, so i say go for it.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 10:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2010