Now you're mad?

YOU WANT TO GET MAD? We had eight years of Bush and Cheney, but now you get mad! You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President. You didn’t get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy. You didn’t get mad when a covert CIA operative got ousted. You didn’t get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.. You didn’t get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us. You didn’t get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well said op!

Answer by older at 10:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You didn’t get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq. You didn’t get mad when you found out we were torturing people. You didn’t get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans. You didn’t get mad when we didn’t catch Bin Laden. You didn’t get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed. You didn’t get mad when we let a major US city drown. You didn’t get mad when we gave a 900 billion tax break to the rich. You didn’t get mad when, using reconciliation; a trillion dollars of our tax dollars were redirected to insurance companies for Medicare Advantage which cost over 20 percent more for basically the same services that Medicare provides.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You didn’t get mad when the deficit hit the trillion dollar mark, and our debt hit the thirteen trillion dollar mark. You finally got mad when the government decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick. Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, are all okay with you, but helping other Americans… oh hell no. AND NOW YOU’RE MAD !
    By: Christian Struzan
    Anonymous

• ASSumptions..most of the issues I am angry about I HAVE BEEN angry about...as for the PA I wasn't particually mad about that one but liberals sure were..where is the anger now? The current president has expanded it ..he spoke all against it big time then kept it and expanded it...pulling out of Iraq gwbs plan ..obama is just taking it over is all..but he gets the credit see..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• GWB spending like a drunken lib absolutely had me MAD...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:23 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I was 11 or 12 when Bush was first elected. Of course I wasn't mad I didn't CARE I was 11 or12.......Now, that im older I understand more and have every right to be mad.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Got me mad enough to leave the Republican party and NOT vote for him in 2004.... I do NOT agree with spending like a liberal... Which is exactly how Bush spent.. He could have handled Iraq better, but it was a BIPARTISAN vote that took us into war. So, the anger can't be one sided... Op, your rant is useless to me...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Some of these folks were mad then too (like me-I do not fully trust or believe politicians). People tend to be less vocal when the con artist displays values that are more in-line with their own. Giving them greater latitude, so to speak.

He!!- I voted for Bush (gasp, twice), and disagreed with many of his policies. I voted for Obama (it was more a vote against the others-come on GOP-put a viable ticket together), and he clearly has gone against his campaign words in some areas-the wars, the environment....

Truly, I think the majority here are anti the screwing of Americans, as opposed to party homers. The latter group are fodder on this site.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• That is so true grly all of those dems sitting on the hill OP voted for the war too..are you just as angry at them? They are sitting their asses up there arent they? They also pretty much own the housing crises.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• You didn’t get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

The supreme court did not stop a legal recount. They reigned in a runaway state court because they were rewriting election law during the process.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2010