Does pro-choice count with suicide too?

There are a lot of women on CM that support abortion/pro-choice because they claim a woman can do what she wants with her body. I just got to wondering if it counts the same when it's HER life she is taking and not the baby's. I know I also hear a lot of women saying suicide is selfish.

So if you are pro-choice (her body, her choice) and think suicide is selfish, can you explain? It is still her body in either case. BTW...I realize you say it's selfish cause she is affecting other people, but she is with abortion too if the man doesn't want her to have one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Suicide is selfish and so is abortion, but either way a womans body is her own to do what she pleases with.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Both are selfish. I would hope nobody does either one.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• hehe. Very good spin on this topic. I'm definitely interested to see responses. BTW, I'm very much pro-life and also very strongly against suicide.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Here is another question that I have been wondering about. All of the pro-lifers out there... I get a kick out of President Bush who is so strongly against abortion... Yet he is such a strong supporter of corporal punishment and the death penalty. Hypocritical? He has put so many human being to death and sleeps soundly at night. Also, he sent how many of our young men and women to war over seas and how many have we buried? Then got upset when the caskets were photographed for the United States citizens to see what is actually happening over there. Pro life needs to be ALL lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Anon - :42

That's President Bush, not ALL pro-lifers. I agree with you about the war. Although, to be honest, I'm conflicted about death penalty. On 1 hand, who are we to take someone's life in our hands and kill them in the name of justice? On the other hand, no matter how secure a prison is, there's always a chance of anyone escaping and being able to kill again. So I'm conflicted on that topic. I DO think death penalty is WAY over used, but I DO NOT think they should do away with it completely. IMO, it should be used ONLY for extreme cases, such as a sadistic serial killer or someone who shows no remorse. I gotta say, I'm really glad that I'm not the one who has to make these decisions. It's not a black-and-white matter.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I support people having a choice with what they do with thier own bodies.However, I would not suggest,recommend or be overjoyed with the choice an individual makes such as abortion or suicide.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:54 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm pro choice not pro abortion. I also support assisted suicide. When I get old, when it gets to the very end, depending on the circumstances, of course, I would much rather go out with some dignity than sitting in some nursing home laying in my own piss and shit for an hour or two until some aide comes by to change my diaper.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Im pro-choice. Would I suggest that someone has an abortion? NO, buts its their life.
    I also think every one has a right to take their own lives.
    As far as corporal punishment goes. Im all for it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Pro Choice. I also think that if an ELDERLY person wants to end his/her life from pain and suffering they should be able to. That goes to ANY Person who has a painful illness. Do I want anyone I know to do it? No..but its not my choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• against abortion, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh with suicide, and HELL YES to the death penalty.
    my reasoning - the idiot on death row had his chance at life and he blew it.
    Anonymous