Hard decision. DD moving in with grandma

We are being "displaced" from where we are now. My only family is my grandmother in another state and she can take my 5yo DD, but there isnt really room for me (its a TINY house, there arent even closets). There are 6 weeks of school left. I have a job here (its crappy hours and part time but its better than nothing and im still looking) and its too far from her house to stay there and keep.

I can crash with a friend on her couch for now if I need to, but they are partiers and its not a safe place for DD...

Its looking like my best option is to let DD go to grandmas and me couch hop until i can find something more permanent. It breaks my heart but idk what else to do...
if I do this, how do i go about enrolling DD in school down there for these last 6 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm pretty sure you just go to the school and sign her up. They'll place her in a class for the rest of school, and then just ask what you do to enroll her in the next years' schoolyear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• op here- when i enrolled her this last time they needed a utility bill with my name on it and the address. I wont have anything like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• i would just explain she is living with grandma - my SKs went to school using my SIL's address. my SO and the kids lived with her. SO didn't have any names on bills there and they never gave him any trouble. Also, we never had to show any bills or anything when we registered them at another school district or this one again this year....
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Take grandma with you; though you could call the school and ask what they would need.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2010