Do all atheist believe religion should be wiped from the face of the earth?

I read this on another question. An atheist said all religions such as Islam, Judaism, Wicca should not exist

Do all atheist think religious people are not allowed to follow a path?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope, I don't care what path others want to follow...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If I am free to believe whatever I believe, then others should be free to believe what they believe.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• any athesists out there? Read Case for Christ - an atheist wrote it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• glad to hear it is not universal thing
    Anonymous

• No. Most of the atheists I know couldn't care less what anyone else chooses to believe- they just don't believe it themselves.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• No. One atheist cannot express a view point for ALL atheist's. The opinion belongs ONLY to the person who stated it.

any athesists out there? Read Case for Christ - an atheist wrote it  

Any christians out there?? Read Losing Faith in Faith- a former preacher wrote it. Not looking for book suggestions today anonymous. Thank you though.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Spiritual paths are too personal for them to be wiped off the face of the planet. Even if there weren't any churches, snynagoges or temples standing, people could still be spiritual in their heart.
    RELIGION and spirituality are two different things though. I think religion can and has been warped into something that is anything but loving and spiritual.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Do I think the world would be better off without organized religions all vying for power? YES!

Do I think individual people should be free to follow whatever path they feel is right? YES!

There is a huge difference between wanting to do away with organized religions trying to force their faith on others, and allowing individuals to believe as they see fit.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:12 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Re: those two books mentioned.

Christian or otherwise, the book Case for Christ actually uses scientific and historical evidences to make the point.

Losing faith in faith is more about ranting and anger, and is hardly scientific or historical.

So the one that really wins over with fact and documentation is the one proving Christ, not rejecting religion.

Re: the question
    OBVIOUSLY not all atheists think that way. I know the post you are referring to. No religion i think would mean even no atheism. and eveyone believes something, for or against a deity, or unsure. You can't get around that.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• No, I do not think religion should be wiped from the face of the earth. I do think that I should be allowed to believe whatever I choose to believe, just as you should be. I don't appreciate it when someone who has a different belief than I do tries to force me to change my mind and believe as they do, but I hold it against that particular person, not their entire religion.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010