WIC question

Yesterday I used my WIC checks I brought in my WIC authorized Foods List made 10/2009.One of the Items on the list was Arnold Bakery light Bread. The cashier said I couldn't get it.I showed her it was ON the list and she left and then came back to say no.She then began to tell me that WIC doesnt allow General mills cereal either.Then I showed her my handy dandy book and she said No its wrong.I didnt fight it and said I will just buy my bread.Should I have put up a fight? IT was clearly on the LIST...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Contact your WIC people and tell them what happened. Sounds like the grocery store needs an updated list.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:07 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• If it's on the list, it's okay to buy. I'd have a talk with the manager.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yeah you can get whatever is on the list, being the stubborn person i am i'd either call for the manager up there or i'd leave all my stuff on the register
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• yeah. me too. most likely it wasn't registered in their system yet. they did that to me once for juice. They just changed the food list and the store didn't put it in their computers yet. If you kept insisting and talked to a manager they would have just simply scanned it and counted it as a WIC product. No biggy
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:04 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• On my list the breads you can get are:
    Pepperidge farm 100% whole wheat
    Roman Meal Sungrain 100% whole wheat
    Sara Lee Classic 100% whole wheat
    Village Hearth 100% whole wheat
    Earl of Sandwich 100 % whole wheat
    Family Choice 100% whole wheat
    Our Family 100 % whole wheat
    Wonder 100% whole wheat

Cereal General Mills :
    Multi Grain Cheerios
    Cheerios

This is coming from my WIC shopping guide january 1, 2010
    Hope this helped
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:10 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yeah when something like that happens WIC needs to know about it. I probably would have just done what you did right then and there, but called as soon as I got home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have Arnold bread on mine as well and just got some the other day, so it might depends on where you're located.
    Anonymous

• 11:11
    Does it happen to say the weight on the bread?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Well I guess you could have put up more of a fight but it probably wouldn't have gotten ya anywhere. Contact WIC and let them know about the incident. Maybe you can be refunded your money for having to buy the bread.
    Yesturday I had issues with the cashier and my WIC too. I stood in line for her mistakes for about 15 minutes and people behind me were getting pissed and walking out of the line.
    First she only took one gallon milk and processed the entire coupon and then tried to charge me for the other gallon and I had to tell her it was supposed to be for 2. I told her I'd just pay for it.She checked and I was right.Then she argued with me about th eprice of the bag of oranges I got...they were on sale and she argued they werent I told her I'd just pay for the remainder..I had to go. I paid for it and went back to check myself and I was right.UGH.I just let it go though.Whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• call the state wic office and report the store. I had the same problem last week.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010