Those of you who disagree

with the new immigration law in Arizona.....
Why? Do you just think everyone who wants to come over our borders should be able to? No oversight, no nothing, just grab your benefits and suck the life out of America?
Arizonans are being kidnapped, and even killed. Human and drug trafficking is rampant and gang activity is spilling over from the Mexican border. I have a feeling if you lived there, especially near the border you would feel differently. There is nothing this bill calls for that the law we have already calls for and is not being enforced. There is no profiling in this bill.
What are your logical reasons?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone is so afraid of being called a racist that they are willing to bend over backwards to give people (other than white) what they want just so they aren't called racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• The life has already been sucked out of America.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree, but I think that just saying "no you can't come here" is a horrible example of the free country that America is supposed to be. Most of our ancestors came here to escape some sort of oppression, whether it be poverty, religion, violence, etc.

I really feel that there has got to be some sort of compromise, some way we can help the people who are right now illegal immigrants or would be illegal immigrants move here for the better life that EVERY human deserves.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I'm not OP.If I lived in Arizona i'd be all for this bill..and i'd also be protecting my home and family by any means at my disposel including fire arms..I couldn't careless who whines and cries about that..or what they would call me..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

I am not afraid of being called racist. The term is so abused by the left that it is meaningless now.

I would like to see the people who are against this bill live along the Arizona/Mexico border.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Yesterday someone posted that these illegal immigrants are actually SLAVE TRADE, brought here against their will. I think they would be happy to be rounded up and shipped back to their homes and families.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Why is no one concerned about lack of action of our federal government. Both Az senators and the governor have requested the national guard and nothing is being done.

American citizens are being murdered and the crime rate is extremely high. The illegal immigrants are a major problem. Police officers can't tell the difference between a legal immigrant and illegal immigrant without asking for info from them.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 11:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Of course it's profiling based, to suggest otherwise is just ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• To do exactly what? Completely destroy us? Besides we have laws on immigration and coming legally isn't a problem.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:24 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

YES WHY ARENT THEY? This is the federal governments job required of them per our constitution.. << why does that statement get ignored? hmmm
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:26 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Why is it ok for people to live in our country illegally? I can't figure it out! Become a citizen and enjoy our country. If you don't want to be a citizen, go home. My daughter is in college and her friend is from Cuba. She is here getting free tuition because she is a minority. She isn't a citizen here but here on a visa. Give me a break!! If you aren't a citizen, minority or not, pay full tuition and give the free education to my daughter. She is a citizen! This country is so messed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010