Ideas for husband's lunches for work?

Although he would probably prefer it, we just cannot afford for my husband to eat fast food for lunch every workday (not to mention, he doesn't need it anyway). I got him an insulated luch box and some ice packs a few months ago, but he is not able to heat up or completely refridgerate food at work. For a while, I was packing cereal bars (he is a soldier and needs SOMETHING after morning PT), and lunchables. He got kind of burned out on those, so now it's sandwiches and chips. That is starting to get boring too, and with his fast metabolism, he needs something more substantial. Any ideas or suggestions? Remember, no microwave or 'fridge, just the insulated lunch box.

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 11:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Salads, Hard boiled eggs, Wraps, Stir Fry Meat and veggies and rice,Salsa and Chips, Peanut Butter Crackers, Get him a thermos and you could do soups, stews..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• wraps, tuna, bagels
    thats a tough one
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:31 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Ham sandwich, turkey sandwich, leftovers from the night before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Bagels, fruit, cheese and crackers, nuts. Get a thermos and you can send soups and other hot dishes.
    with sandwiches, mix up the breads and fillings to keep it interesting.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years. Send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 PM on Apr. 26, 2010