Help please, I feel like a moron!!

Okay, so I am trying to order my mom some new comfortable shoes for her birthday.. I found running shoes with awesome reviews for support etc, but I've NEVER bought running shoes before and am extremely confused.

And for the life of me I cannot figure out what these different sizes mean.

She wears a 7.5 normally and just regular old shoes. I've bought her shoes before, but, always walking shoes with one option or a wide option.

It would be 7.5 B(M), 7.5 E, or 7.5 C/D ?! And, what on earth do those mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Get her a gift certificate and then she can try them on to be sure they fit. There are so many different kinds that fit different kinds of feet now.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:18 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• I think the letters might be for width? Narrow, medium, and wide maybe?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:19 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Lifes-A-Dance, lol, thanks.. but she is the type of person who just won't go out and buy herself shoes. She'll give the gift certificate to my dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• She's still wearing the shoes I bought her 3 years ago and they're falling apart.
    Anonymous

• Will giving you guys the link help?

http://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Womens-WR1224-Running/dp/B0014SGJW0/ref=pd_sim_sg_1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Maybe you could try tracing the outline of her current shoes and take it with you when purchasing the new ones. This might help to decide upon the width factor, as well as the size, just in case their sizing runs a bit different than the ones you purchased for her last time.
    Anonymous

• Zappos.com

That way you just return them with FREE shipping if they don't fit. Zappos is awesome. Free shipping both ways too. : )

Oh, and they tell you if they are "true to size" or not so you know if you should get some a little bigger. Make sure to read the reviews.
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 11:28 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Never seen sizing like that. Sorry :(
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• DragonRider! I think that you might be right .. does M mean medium ? lol

I'm thinking.. I'm going to just point and click. She can mail them back to me if it's wrong or I can try them on. She has slightly longer feet than I do, but we're the same size otherwise. It's not the only present so it won't be disappointing if she has to mail them back to me. If anyone pipes up soon who really understands this .. I'll change my order.

I live in a really small area in the middle of nowhere btw. The shoes they had at our ONLY shoe store were CRAP or 150 bucks and not even as nice as this, no reviews, and just a shoe store clerk telling me they're all comfortable over long periods. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Sara, TY. I will try Zapos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 26, 2010